Australian Sheep Magazine
Australian Sheep Magazine is the official publication for Heritage Sheep Australia.
It is a new glossy magazine for those who enjoy all things sheepy.
Our first edition contains stories about a butcher who specialises in heritage meet, feeding new lambs and Marylyn Stevens tells us why she shows sheep. We look at the Dorset Down breed, weaving and there are book reviews.
Australian Sheep Magazine is edited by the immediate past chairman of the Tasmanian Branch of Australian Sheep Breeders Association and recent Federal Councillor, Steven French. Steven’s involvement with pure bred and stud sheep spans six generations. He has also previously published and edited glossy lifestyle magazines.
Heritage Sheep Australia members receive the magazine free of charge. Membership for Heritage Sheep Australia is only $30.00 pa for an individual or $50.00 pa for a family. You will find a membership form on this website.
For much more information about the Australian Sheep Magazine and to see lots of photographs and videos, see https://www.facebook.com/australiansheepmagazine/
- Editor – Over the Pen
- A word from the President
- Life Membership for two Hampshire Down enthusiasts
- A short history of the Southdown in Australia
- Banjo Paterson had some amusing things to say about the Merino
- Brenton Heazlewood takes a long hard look at his Sunday roast
- A butcher's praise for hoggets
- Bothwell International Highland SpinIN and Fibre Festival
- Our Editor reckons that the Smithfield sheepdog is not extinct
- The Art of Livestock by Jason Roberts, Agricultural Artist
- Tabany Farm, home for unwanted, rescued and pre-loved sheep
- A photographic look at the Grasmere Lincoln stud Bendigo Show photos
- Royal Melbourne photos
The Australian Sheep Magazine is free to members of Heritage Sheep Australia when they renew their membership, and is free to new members.